Friday, February 19, 2010

Putting the Power of the Mind to Work

After working a 10 plus hours on the Island of Lanai, I was exhausted, but determined not to just sit indoors and prepare for another long day tomorrow. I have to finish my work and catch the Expeditions Ferry back to Maui in the afternoon. then drive to the otherside of Maui to unload my equipment, so it will be another long day.

So I put the power of my Mind to use and showered, dressed as a typical trousit on Lanai and spent a couple hours just enjoying the ambience of the Koele Lodge on Lanai.

While I may not have been one of the tourist paying upwards of $500.00 per night, I was able to wander around the Lodge and take pictures, enjoy the piano player and sit by the fire outdoors with a cool breeze blowing and all the elegance of the Koele Lodge surrounding me.

I could have sat home and created this vision in my mind since I have stayed there in the past. Christmas is a wonderful time to stay at the Lodge. the staff treat you really well and in the past even hung stockings on the fireplace mantles for the children.

Instead, I chose to physically create my own mind movie and play tourist. It didn't cost me anything to do it and it was real. We can't always chose to have the real experience, but our minds can create or re-create it for us. We can feel the pure joy of experiencing such a wonderful place.

For those that have not been to the Koele Lodge, they have many rooms besides the great hall which has ceilings fourty or fifty feet high and fire places on each end of the room. The other rooms include a reading room with plush chairs and many books and magazines, they have a game room with pool tables and computers and my favorite is the music room. they have added a game to the room, but it used to have just musical instruments from far off places decorating the walls. And they used to serve tea and scones every afternoon in it.

I used my Mind Movie to create a sense of belonging that enhanced the feeling of being there. Since I was not staying there it was like being in a movie for two hours and being taken to a place you can't always go.

So whether you have had the experience of being someplace and visualizing being there again or just want to be someplace, visualizing yourself being there and creating the goals in your mind is half the work. The universe will help to work out the rest, as long as your sincerely want it enough.




No comments: